Here’s how you can help your classmates by giving them better feedback. This is a great opportunity for you to learn the type of feedback that is most helpful to you too
1. The bright spots of their post: Tell them what you love about their writing and why you love it. By sharing what they are doing right you empower them to do more of their best work.
2. The little things – Check their grammar, sentence structure, and typos. By giving them a second eye on these little things you can help them move people with their writing.
3. Share your confusions – Everyone writes something that makes sense to them and confuses everyone else. By saying, “I’m confused here” you will help them.
4. Include some deeper thoughts or questions – Leaving comments like “what are you trying to accomplish with this?” and what are “what is your What is your goal with this paragraph?” can get them to think deeper about what they are trying to say.
5. Suggestions – Make simple suggestions that are ok if your colleague doesn’t take. Tell them when something needs to be added or taken away. Walt Disney used to call this “plusing.”
Hope this helps all of you!