If you are looking for a coaching position that will change your life for the better, coaching a group of dedicated, energetic, fun, responsible young men, then you should consider applying for the opening at Weatherly High School.
My name is Matt Neil and I had the pleasure of coaching the Weatherly Wrecker High School Boys’ Soccer team from 2007-2014. Coaching the boys’ team and helping coach the girls’ team over those years was one of the best experiences of my life. The boys’ soccer team has openings for head coach and assistant coach available. In 2014 I resigned from the position because I took a teaching job in my hometown to teach at my alma mater and move closer to my family. Last year the team was lead by my former assistant coach and former captain, Steven Baade, who has now had to depart for a job opportunity.
Why apply for the position:
- You will get to coach the most dedicated and overall awesome group of young men I have ever had the pleasure to coach.
- It will change you for the better. I am the man I am today because of my experiences teaching and coaching at Weatherly High School.
- You can coach in a place where you can have an immediate, big impact on the lives of the kids. You will get to know the kids and their families and they are some of the best people I know.
- You have supportive parents. The parents in the organization will do everything, and I mean everything, they can to help you and the kids on your team. The parents always supported me and will support you as long as you have the best interests of the kids in mind. They are great people who will help you every day. Our parents organization raised enough money to purchase brand new top of the line regulation goals and expand our facilities to two regulation fields. You will always be able to get on one of these fields.
- You get to work with an outstanding girls’ coach (and girls’ soccer team too!) who will support you and is a role model and example to her young ladies on and off the field.
- You will have supportive administrators an experienced and supportive athletic director to help you. In my time at Weatherly, Scott Zoscin, who was a standout football star for West Hazleton, played college ball, and was a very successful three sport varsity coach in Maryland, never ever made me feel like my sport and my team weren’t important. He supported me each and every day.
- You can call me any time you need anything and I will do my best to help you.
- There are countless other reasons that you should apply. I’m telling you this because if you are on the fence and are a good person who would make a good impact on the boys, you should strongly consider applying. Have to commute from 45 minutes away? It’s worth it. Do it.
Please do not apply if you believe that success is measured solely by your record. Please don’t apply if you believe the way to help kids is to scream at them and make them angry to “motivate” them. Positive, encouraging yelling is of course always appreciated!
Please do apply if you:
- Believe that our most important job as coaches is to measure our success by progress and by shaping boys into responsible, good young men.
- Believe that kids with the right attitude and work ethic can play varsity soccer for you.
- Believe that soccer is a way to help kids and motivate them to be their best selves.
- Are a positive, energetic coach looking to make a difference in the lives of young people.
If you would like to apply please contact athletic director Mr. Zoscin at email@example.com. You’ll be happy you did.
High School Social Studies Teacher and former coach of the Weatherly Wrecker Boys’ Soccer Team